The PanAmerican Photodynamic Association was established to improve the early diagnosis and treatment of human and animal diseases. Our goal is to galvanize the basic science and clinical expertise of Photodynamic therapy in the Americas to enable the clinical field of Photodynamic therapy to move forward via education and interaction with governmental, commercial and regulatory agencies.
The mission of the PanAmerican Photodynamic Association is to facilitate photodynamic therapy (PDT) education of healthcare professionals, basic scientists and the general public in the Americas by promoting and encouraging the study and practice of PDT techniques in the treatment of human and animal diseases.
The mission will be accomplished by encouraging and promoting:
- The study of the basic science of PDT
- The clinical practice of PDT
- The education of and communications between key stakeholders
- Educational congresses for the clinical application of PDT
- Scientific meetings which will aim to report the advances in the field
- Relations with associations, societies, research groups, governmental agencies and industry