The mission of the PanAmerican Photodynamic Association is to facilitate photodynamic therapy (PDT) education of healthcare professionals, basic scientists and the general public in the Americas by promoting and encouraging the study and practice of photodynamic therapy techniques in the treatment of human and animal diseases.
The mission will be accomplished by encouraging and promoting:
- The study of the basic science of PDT
- The clinical practice of PDT
- The education of and communications between key stakeholders
- Educational congresses for the clinical application of PDT
- Scientific meetings which will aim to report the advances in the field
- Relations with associations, societies, research groups, governmental agencies and industry
The goal of the PanAmerican Photodynamic Association is to improve the early diagnosis and treatment of human and animal diseases by galvanizing the basic science and clinical expertise in the Americas. This will enable the clinical field of PDT to move forward via education and interaction with governmental, commercial and regulatory agencies.